Monday, July 15, 2013

Water Power


I love waterfalls. There is something so innately powerful and yet so serenely beautiful about water cutting through the rock and flowing over the falls. It take thousands of years for the flow of water to erode away the rock and create a beautiful falls and perhaps it’s that unrelenting “persistence” that attracts me.



Whatever it is, waterfalls call to me and I love photographing them time and time again. It’s become somewhat of an obsession with me and I do plan to shoot as many waterfalls in Texas as possible before the Good Lord calls me home. I honestly can’t think of a better photographic project to keep the creative juices flowing, especially during the winter months.



So if you’re a native Texan and know the secret location of any waterfalls near you, drop me a line. I’ll promise you a word of sincere thanks and credit in my next book.



Water Power




Water Power – Lower McKinney Falls in Austin, Texas
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II set on manual (M) using an EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 81mm, f/18 for 0.3 seconds at ISO 100. All post capture processing was done in Adobe’s Lightroom 3 Beta. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon 5D Mark II, McKinney Falls State Park, Photography, Texas Hill Country, Texas Landscapes



No comments:

Post a Comment