Friday, July 5, 2013

Everywhere You Go


Canon G10 Landscape Rig


I wrote a quick little post back in November about how to outfit your Canon G9/G10/G11 for landscape photography and I thought it might be time to explain why this is so important.



Like many photographers, I really love the resolution and detail my Canon 5D Mark II is capable of producing and for most of my professional and personal shooting it’s my camera of choice. However, like all other DSLRs the 5D2 can seem like quite a load to lug around for a casual hike or even during a drive down a beautiful country road.



Sometimes all you really need is the convenience of a point & shoot combined with the control of a DSLR (without the weight of course). This is the niche that Canon’s Powershot “G” series were made for. And with the addition of a few inexpensive accessories as shown above, the G9/G10/G11 can perform perfectly on those occasions when less is more. In fact, I find myself taking my G10 with me everywhere I go these days, just in case I stumble upon a scene like this!



Still Waters




Still Waters – Bastrop, Texas
Copyright 2010 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon Powershot G10 set on aperture priority (Av) using a circular polarizer. The exposure was taken at 30mm, f/5.6 for 1/50th of a second at ISO 80. All post capture processing was done in Adobe’s Lightroom 3 Beta. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Filed under: Photography Tagged: Bastrop State Park, Canon, Canon Powershot G10, Landscape Photography, Photography, Texas Hill Country

No comments:

Post a Comment