Friday, June 21, 2013

All Fame is Fleeting


How fleeting is fame. On Friday I was the rising star of the blogosphere, having been Freshly Pressed by the folks at WordPress and watching my page views soar into the heavens. By Saturday afternoon I was back to work in La Grange and Smithville scouting locations for next Saturday’s HANPA (Houston Audubon Nature Photography Association) workshop. Sunday morning was spent paying the bills and seeing if I could use some creative accounting to stretch my cash flow once again. And by Sunday night I was furiously working to put together a proof portfolio for a prospective commercial client.



Somehow, this all seemed a lot easier in my youth. Working seven days a week seemed simple back then, when the creative juices flowed through much younger veins. When five or six hours of sleep and a cup of hot coffee was all that was needed to jump start things on a Monday morning. I think Toby Keith’s latest song hits the nail square on the head.



“I ain’t as good as I once was, but I’m good once as I ever was.”



Happy Monday Folks!



Oasis




Oasis – Johnson City, Texas
Copyright 2010 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 17mm, f/22 for 1/30th of a second at ISO 100 using a Singh-Ray 3-stop graduated neutral density filter. All post capture processing was done in Adobe’s Lightroom 3 Beta 2. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Filed under: Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon 5D Mark II, Landscape Photography, Pedernales Falls State Park, Photography, Texas Hill Country, Texas Landscapes

No comments:

Post a Comment