Friday, May 8, 2015

Nature Photography – Whisper


A friend of mine looking to buy his first DSLR asked me some interesting questions last week as he looked through my Flickr Photostream and blog. He was curious how I decided what subjects to shoot, which images to post and what type of post capture processing to use. Its kind of funny but I really couldn't answer his questions, at least not in any sort of technical way.



Take this image for example. When I approached these flowers it was a breezy spring afternoon and there was no one else around. All I could hear was the wind gently whispering through the trees and flowers. Its that "feeling" of quiet that I wanted this image to capture. When I look at this image, it brings back the memory of that moment and I can almost smell the sweet, light fragrance of these beautiful flowers again.



Whisper




Whisper
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 50D set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM hand-held. The exposure was taken at 105mm, f/5.6 for 1/60th of a second at ISO 100 on Lexar Professional digital film. Post capture processing was done in Lightroom 2 using Nik Software's Color Efex Pro plug-in for Lightroom. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon 50D, Nature Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment