Sunday, August 3, 2014

Nature Photography – More Images from Gorman Falls


Here are two more shots taken last month at Gorman Falls in the Colorado Bend State Park near Lampasas, Texas.



I was blessed to have perfect morning light filtering through the trees for these shots and the green moss covered rocks really seemed to glow. On my immediate left was the Colorado river flowing south to the Gulf of Mexico. The water in the Colorado was its usual brown, full of red clay and silt but the water pouring over the falls was perfectly clear, cool and refreshing. The geology of the area was fascinating and beautiful falls looked as if it belonged in Hawaii, rather than some remote corner of the Texas Hill Country.



I can't post all my photos from this shoot because I'm planning to submit an article to Texas Highways and Texas Parks & Wildlife magazines. I haven't had any of my work published in the past 30 years so we'll see if this old guy's still got what it takes. I also plan to make these two posters available for sale on my blog later this month if I can get PayPal configured correctly. And I'll also be leading a photo-safari to this location in the fall if anyone's interested. I'll post more details later in the summer, so stay tuned.



Gorman Falls 16 x 24 Poster




Gorman Falls, Texas 16 x 24 Poster
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 40D set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 35mm, f/16 for 1/2 second at ISO 100 on Sandisk digital film. Post capture processing was done entirely in Lightroom 2. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Gorman Falls 16 x 24 Poster




Gorman Falls, Texas 16 x 24 Poster
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 40D set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 10mm, f/13 for 1/3rd of a second at ISO 200 on Sandisk digital film. Post capture processing was done entirely in Lightroom 2. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon 40D, Colorado Bend State Park, Gorman Falls, Landscape Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment