Thursday, May 30, 2013

That Highway 207 Glide


Someday I’m gonna get myself killed taking a photograph from a spot like this, but I just can’t resist shooting down a long stretch of winding road. Those converging lines are mesmerizing and just seem to grab me by the arm and drag me out of my car and into the middle of the road.



It’s also fun to see the look on Jack’s face when I ask him to “watch my back for any large trucks coming around the corner”. I can almost hear his thoughts. “Oh shoot! I should have gotten the car keys from him before he set up that stupid tripod. Gonna be a damn long walk back to the hotel.”



Highway 207 Glide




Highway 207 Glide – Claude, Texas
Copyright 2010 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II set on aperture (Av) priority using a Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5II L “tilt & shift” lens tripod mounted. The exposure was taken at 24mm, f/16 for 1/8th of a second at ISO 100 with a Singh-Ray warming polarizer filter. Post capture processing was done in Adobe’s Lightroom 3.



Click on the image above for a larger version.



View Location on Panoramio & Google Earth: Highway 207 Glide – Claude, Texas



Filed under: Photography Tagged: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3, Canon, Canon 5D Mark II, Landscape Photography, Nature Photography, Palo Duro Canyon, Photography, Texas High Plains, Texas Landscapes

No comments:

Post a Comment